Sunday, September 27, 2020

Week #35 - A Baptism, Scorpion Bite, and Graduation!

 Monday, September 21

Working the Area!

WHAT A GREAT WEEK!! These past few weeks have been really hard, because we didn't really have too many lessons in spite of trying so many different ways to reach people. And this week got hard again, but we didn't let that get us down. Instead, we used it as a way to motivate us to HAVE FUN!! Soooooo here are some fun things that happened this week:

We had decided that we are going to work more with the youth in the ward, so we reached out to all the leaders and ended up playing volleyball with a whole bunch of the Young Women. IT WAS SO FUN!! One thing I learned about Sister Guilott: I am HORRIBLE at volleyball lol. But it was super fun to go and we share a message with them and be with the youth.
Volleyball with the YW of the Ward

Something scary that happened was that a scorpion got in our house in our roommates bathroom, so we all got psyched out. Well.... My dear sweet companion, Sister Griffiths ended got stung by a scorpion and her left side of her body went numb lol. We got so nervous because we didn't know what we needed to do, but she's all good now lol.

Something fun our mission does is when you finish your training after 12 weeks, you go to a graduation thing and pass off all the lessons and get a certificate. I didn't do this because I came in the middle of a transfer and it was all confusing with being one of the first reassigned missionaries lol, but Sister Griffiths got to go and graduate (even though she has 16 weeks lol). BUT it was so fun. Sister Dangerfield, my last companion was there with her companion that was finishing up her training and it was so fun to see her!! 
Congrats Sister Griffiths
Sister Dangerfield - Fun to see her!

This week we went back to church and that is always fun to see people hahaha. Buuttttt the best thing that happened this week was....

JIM GOT BAPTIZED!! My friend Jim from good 'ol Casa Grande got baptized after being taught by missionaries for 6 years and I was able to go!! He was just glowing after the baptism happened. He has come so far with so many trials. If you sign remember Jim from my emails in Casa Grande, he isn't able to read. So right before I left we gave him a CD player and he listened to the Book of Mormon, and 6 weeks later.... got baptized. That right there shows you the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion for EVERYONE!!! The Book of Mormon truly is the word of God and I love reading it.
Jim got baptized! So glad I got to go back to Casa Grande and be there for this special day!

This next week is transfer weeks, and a call from my mission president last night saying that I'm going to be training... EEEK!! I'm super excited and just a little nervous, but mostly excited. I don't know who it is yet, but I'm sure she'll be great. I'm gonna miss Sister Griffiths, but she is gonna to Spanish work and is so excited. 

I looooove getting emails from y'all, so keep em coming!! Love you all so much!! The CHURCH IS TRUE!!

♡Sister Guilott
Fun Times!


No comments:

Post a Comment